BY TOM COSTELLO and WAKEUP CALL
The tragic death of a boy electrocuted in a North Miami swimming pool in April has raised alarm among parents — and now water safety experts are warning hotels and families to take extra caution as kids get revved up for summer vacation.
Calder Sloan, a vivacious and athletic 7-year-old, dies April 13th after being electrocuted in a swimming pool. Police are investigating whether a faulty pool light that may have sent charges coursing through the water is to blame.
“They found the ground cable wasn’t hooked up,” Calder’s father, Chris Sloan, told NBC News. “So, essentially, Calder became the ground. Electricity, instead of traveling to the ground, traveled through his body.”
And just two weeks later, three kids — 5-year-old Danielle Gamez, her 10-year-o...Read More